Department of English LanguageMore ...
About Department of English Language
English Department is one of the oldest departments in the College where the actual study began in 2004. The Department adopts both Arabic and English languages in the educational process. The teaching hours needed to complete our English program are 136 hours. They are detailed in the units as follows:
1. Number of weekly hours:
Lectures= 48 h / Laboratories= 0 h / Training= 18 h / total of 66
2. Number of approved units for general articles: 12 - percentage 27%
3. Number of approved units for optional subjects: 4 - percentage 10%
4. Number of approved units for compulsory subjects: 24 - percentage 53%
5. Practical/field training: 4 - percentage 10%
After completing the study of the requirements in the department, the graduate student is awarded a bachelor's degree in arts and education in teaching English.
The applicant is subject to admission conditions, namely:
Students wishing to enrol in the Department should have the following conditions:
1. The student must have a secondary school certificate (arts or scientific) from a Libyan school or equivalent certificates recognized by the competent recognition authorities.
2. The student should be healthy enough to listen, speak, see, understand and explain.
3. The student must get the approved percentage of the college admission rules in accordance with the system specified by the department.
4. The student must abide by all applicable regulations and laws within the department.
5. The student must pass the written and oral entrance exam at least 50%.
The Department seeks to achieve the following objectives:
1- Link the academic and applied aspect to prepare well qualified English teachers to engage in the labour market.
2. Cultivate a culture of scientific cooperation between the parties in the educational process.
3. Keeping abreast of the latest developments to serve educational programs.
4. Develop students' ability to communicate effectively orally and editorially in English.
5. Preparing well qualified graduates to meet our society's needs in the field of English.
6. To use modern techniques in teaching and learning English.
Facts about Department of English Language
We are proud of what we offer to the world and the community
Bachelor - English Language
The English Department looks forward to upgrade the use of English language among its students in line with the local standards and to develop its program into one of the leading institutions in English language teaching and learning....Details
Who works at the Department of English Language
Department of English Language has more than 14 academic staff members
Amal Abdelhameed Budhayya Abusubaa