Faculty of Medical Technology

More ...

About Faculty of Medical Technology

Facts about Faculty of Medical Technology

We are proud of what we offer to the world and the community

27

Publications

109

Academic Staff

38

Students

37

Graduates

Faculty of Medical Technology Announcements

2022-09-27
2022-09-27
More Annuncements

Programs

No Translation Found
Major No Translation Found

No Translation Found...

Details
No Translation Found
Major No Translation Found

No Translation Found...

Details

Who works at the Faculty of Medical Technology

Faculty of Medical Technology has more than 109 academic staff members

staff photo

Dr. Fawzia Ahmed Mohamed El trhony

الدكتورة فوزية الترهوني هي احد اعضاء هيئة التدريس بقسم الصحة العامة بكلية التقنية الطبية. تعمل الدكتورة بجامعة طرابلس كـمحاضر منذ2012-3-20 ولها العديد من المنشورات العلمية في مجال تخصصها

Publications

Some of publications in Faculty of Medical Technology

Palm Oil–Derived Natural Vitamin E: Its Role in Cellular Protection and NRF2/KEAP1 Signaling

Vitamin E has long been shown to be associated with an antioxidant activity. Tocotrienols serve as the predominant vitamin E and presented in high quantities in palm oil, rice bran and barley. There is a growing body of evidence regarding the manner in which tocotrienols mediate their antioxidant activities. Experimental studies have suggested that the antioxidant activity of tocotrienols is mediated through the induction of phase II antioxidant enzymes such as; glutathione peroxidase (GPx), NADPH: quinone oxidoreductase (NQO1), superoxide dismutase (SOD), etc. The induction of phase II enzymes protects against free radical damage and reduces the incidence of radical derived degenerative diseases.
Ahmed Elbadri M Atia(1-2022)
Publisher's website

Knowledge, Attitude and Practice Regarding to Antibiotics use among Libyan Community

Abstract Background: Inappropriate use of antibiotics has become a global phenomenon. Inappropriate use of antibiotics is recognized as a leading cause of antibiotic resistance. Aim: To assess the knowledge, attitudes and practice regarding to antibiotic use among Libya population. Methods: A descriptive cross sectional study was done online through Google forms from April to December 2020. Questionnaire was sent to general population across Libya by sharing link through popular social media groups. Results: A total of 1600 responses were received from different cities across Libya. The average age of respondents were 30.53 years and 71.4% of respondents were female. The study revealed that only 68.7% (n = 1099) of the response had high knowledge; on the other hand, about 31.3% (n = 501) of the response had low knowledge about the antibiotics. This study showed that 57.6% (n= 922) of the response had correct practice using antibiotics, and 42.4% (n= 678) of the response had incorrect practice using antibiotics. Only 32.1% (n = 513) of the response was found to have a good attitude; in contrast, 67.9% (n = 1087) of the response had a bad attitude toward antibiotics used. The majority of the participants 68.7% consumed antibiotics during the past year, 35% of participants consumed antibiotics without a medical prescription. The most common reason for usage was the common cold. Conclusion: This study provides a baseline of the knowledge, attitude, and behavior regarding antibiotics among the Libya community. Our population has sufficiency level in their knowledge toward antibiotic uses; expressed poor attitudes, as well as many had bad practices of antibiotics use. This finding will be useful in designing effective and targeted interventions to decrease misconceptions about antibiotic use and to increase awareness about the risks of inappropriate use of antibiotics in the community. Keywords: Knowledge, Practice, Attitude, Antibiotics, Libyan community
Fawzia Ahmed Mohamed(12-2021)
Publisher's website

The Cognitive Apprehensions Regarding Drinking Water Among Educated Americans and

الوصف This qualitative study described and compared the cognitive apprehensions regarding drinking water quality (DW) in Muncie, Indiana, USA. The comparison was between two different, culturally elite groups using constructive-grounded theory. Eighteen semi-structured interviews were conducted with both Arab (n= 9) and American (n= 9) participants. Five essential themes emerged from the interview data: the sensory properties of drinking water, pollutants, health concerns, information sources, and experienc
ARIJ.M.MOUSA(10-2013)
Publisher's website

Documents you Need