University of TripoliMore ...
About University of Tripoli
About the University of Tripoli
The first university in Libya was established by a royal decree on December 15, 1955 under the name of “University of Libya”. It began with the Colleges of Arts and Education in Benghazi. In 1957, the Faculty of Science was established in Tripoli. This formed the inception of the University of Tripoli. Then, the Faculty of Agriculture was birthed in 1966. However, before that the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) created the Higher Technical Studies Faculty, which later was annexed to the University of Libya in 1967 under the name of Faculty of Engineering. In 1973, the University of Libya split into University of Benghazi and University of Tripoli. In 1976, its name was changed to Al-Fateh University. In 2009, the Medical colleges were separated to become “Al-Fateh University for Medical Sciences”. This lasted one year as in 2010 the medical colleges were coupled together back to University of Al-Fateh. In 2012 the university regained its original name as the University of Tripoli. Faculties were constantly established at the University of Tripoli to reach 20 colleges.
Facts about University of Tripoli
Real time stats from the University of Tripoli Website
Events of University of Tripoli