In Librarianship and libraries information major, the student studies library management and information centers knowledge. Also management and generation, archival and archive information control, institutions management, information and communication technology, a study of databases and integrated systems.
· Preparing qualified and specialized cadres, and training them to work competently and efficiently in professions related to the field of libraries and information in universities, institutes, schools, research centers, and in ministries, institutions, companies, publishing houses and archive departments..
· Providing an educational opportunity for holders of a secondary certificate in various disciplines to join and study in the department, after which the graduate obtains a university degree (bachelor's) in library and information science.
· Teaching students how to prepare research, motivate them to have scientific aspirations, support them in developing their skills and creativity, and train them on how to use information sources, whether printed or electronic media.
· Encouraging scientific research in the field of libraries and information through organizing and actively participating in scientific conferences and seminars related to the field, writing books, and preparing research and scientific studies.
· Developing the technical and scientific skills of workers in the field of libraries and information, through organizing training courses, and providing technical and scientific consultations related to the field, within the framework of upgrading the level of specialization and profession.
· Contribute to the promotion of the objectives of the college and the university through active participation in various cultural and scientific activities.
The ability of students to objectively analyze the sources of information necessary to prepare the bibliographic and authority control tools necessary to store and retrieve information and its sources, the ability to deal with information and manage knowledge and convert it from tacit knowledge to explicit knowledge using the methods and mechanisms for that.
Bachelor's degree in Librarianship and libraries information sciences
1. The applicants should obtain a general secondary certificate, a specialized secondary certificate, or an equivalent certificate recognized by the authority.
2. The high school diploma should not be less than the percentage determined by the University of Tripoli.
3. Acceptance of admission of foreign students with scholarships at the expense of the community in accordance with the principles and rules that decide the admission of Libyan students.
4. International applicants have to pay the fees and expenses of studying according to legislation of the university.
5. The applicants should be healthy, free from infectious diseases, and able to follow theoretical and practical lessons.
6. Successfully passing the personal interview.
The Bachelor in Library and information science prepares students to qualify for Bachelor in Library and information science. The student studies several subjects which have been carefully chosen in this major to cover its different aspects.
It comprises 8 Semesters of study, in which the student will study a total of 127 units, which include 0 units of general subjects, and 0 major units
Study plan for this program is shown below:
|LIB1301||Introduction to Library Science||02||Compulsory||+|
|LIB1302||Introduction to Cataloging||02||Compulsory||+|
|LIB1303||Introduction to Information Science||02||Compulsory||+|
|LIB1304||Introduction to Archival Science||02||Compulsory||+|
|LIB2301||Public and School Libraries||03||Compulsory||LIB1305||+|
|LIB2302||Descriptive Cataloging (1)||03||Compulsory||+|
|LIB2303||Literature of Humanities||03||Compulsory||+|
|LIB2304||Technical Services for Archives||03||Compulsory||LIB1304||+|
|LIB3405||Introduction to Scientific Research||02||Compulsory||+|
|LIB3403||English Texts and Terminology (1)||02||Compulsory||+|
|LIB3304||Literature of Pure andApplied Sciences||03||Compulsory||LIB2303||+|
|LIB3302||Descriptive Cataloging (2)||03||Compulsory||LIB2302||+|
|LIB3301||University and Research Libraries||03||Compulsory||LIB2301||+|
|LIB4301||Information and Communications Technology||03||Compulsory||LIB1303||+|
|LIB4403||English Texts and Terminology ( 2 )||02||Compulsory||LIB3403||+|
|LIB5303||Cataloging of NON- Book Materials (1)||03||Compulsory||LIB4302||+|
|LIB5302||Periodicals and Official Publications||03||Compulsory||LIB2303||+|
|LIB6303||Cataloging of NON- Book Materials 2||03||Compulsory||LIB5303||+|
|LIB 6304||Classification (2)||03||Compulsory||+|
|LIB7301||Computers in Libraries and Information Centers||02||Compulsory||LIB6303||+|
|LIB7305||Electronic Information Sources and Networks||03||Compulsory||LIB6302||+|
|LIB7306||Advanced Classification||03||Compulsory||LIB 6304||+|
|LIB8302||Evaluation of Library ffectiveness||03||Compulsory||LIB7303||+|
|LIB2512||History of Books and Libraries||02||Elective||+|
|LIB2511||Old Document and Manuscript||02||Elective||+|
|LIB2510||Public Relations and Communication||02||Elective||+|